When I first attended the Axis Retail Leadership Forum, I was in search of an education that would take my career to the next level. I’ve been in Loss Prevention for many years and I’ve used surveillance equipment extensively but felt I needed to learn more… something that would set me apart from the rest within my company. I learned more than I’d ever imagined I could at the first forum, but my hunger to learn even more brought me back so I could make a difference at my organization, and for Axis too.
Laura Metrick | North America Sr. Manager of Asset Protection | Denny’s Corporation
Year 2, I became a Leadership Advisory Board member and now I feel like a voice for the “newbies”. When I first attended, I was sometimes afraid to raise my hand to ask questions, but there were people there who I could ask in private. Now in my leadership role, I can help get those questions answered without anyone ever having to ask.
Axis is committed to developing industry leaders through education. Through them, I have strengthened my existing skills and acquired many new skills that I was missing, not only in the world of cameras, video equipment, and access control but in networking with my peers and learning from their experience.
I get so excited to participate in this Leadership Forum every year. This will be my 3rd year attending this event in New York City on August 14-16, 2017. If I had only one conference to attend annually, it would be this one. I promise you won’t be disappointed.
“We don’t know what we don’t know!”
So, Why attend? To sum it all up, there are endless opportunities to Learn, Network and GROW.
– Retail security, loss prevention, and IT professionals are coming together to learn and discuss topics that matter: such as advances in IP technologies, trends in retail security and the future of retail surveillance technology. They will share best practices with new contacts, discuss industry issues, and find inspiration on how to conquer their challenges.
– This forum is exclusive and free for all retail professionals, not just Axis’ customers, who would like to take part in a confidential environment to discuss their IT experiences, challenges, demands and other topical areas of interest. This is NOT a sales event… you can’t buy anything here, even if you want to!
– Developed by the Retail Leaders Advisory Board, the agenda is comprised of topics that are relevant and focused on everyone’s needs. Participant input and suggestions are welcomed, as the entire Axis team hopes to learn from us, too. You ask for it, they respond.
– Experience powerful presentations from leaders in the retail space; uncover trending leadership strategies, and learn the keys to success firsthand from your peers and walk away with the knowledge that will benefit your organization and career.
– Bridge gaps between loss prevention and other critical IT initiatives. Discuss freely, in a closed-setting, IT challenges you’d like to overcome this year
– Find a mentor… This is the perfect opportunity to find help with writing an RFP, migrating from analog to IP, and discover what’s new in the industry etc. There will be more experience available to you in one room that’s free than one could ever afford to pay for. Simply ask and you can be matched with your perfect mentor.
– The agenda is focused on education. That is why conference attendees will be eligible to earn up to 9 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) towards their Loss Prevention Foundation LPC Recertification.
Finally, this is not all work and learning. There will be plenty of time for fun!!
– Welcome reception Monday evening
– Keynote Speakers – Cyber Security and Forensic Videos
– Saks Fifth Avenue Onsite Solutions Tour
– Dinner and networking events
Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to grow as a professional and build your network of elite retail security, loss prevention, and IT professionals.
I look forward to meeting you and your IT colleagues to share experiences and accomplish our goals together, but be sure to register while space is available. It has been a full event the last few years.
Categories RLPSA Blog, Uncategorized